- RT @KevinSimler: A surprisingly great read: "The Dictator's Handbook" by Bruce Bueno de Mesquita and Alastair Smith. 282 pages, published i… 1 day ago
- RT @Renew_Britain: RENEW is a new party with a plan to create more opportunity for all and heal our divisions so we can embrace the future… 1 day ago
- RT @sapinker: I collect ambiguous headlines. This one, on our President's health, is among the best. https://t.co/G6YTMc9hNM 4 days ago
- RT @mbainesy: I want to retain my EU citizenship too. RT if you do too. https://t.co/3dGQk3NCdO 2 weeks ago
- RT @soapyfrogs: Hearing that, following their #bluepassport triumph, the UK Government will be announcing the return of more iconic British… 2 weeks ago
- Dan Hannon’s Delusional 2016 Article on Brexit
- Pirates come third in Czech election
- Catalonia will become independent
- Internet rage caused by inability to understand probability
- Can the USA survive tribalism?
- How many female MPs and MSPs should there be?
- Explanation of workfare
- 6-8 inches of snow?
- Contra Munroe on Free Speech
- Ha! Anal!
Category Archives: Linux
Over at the Pirate Party UK forum, Vanders writes: What Iran and China can teach us When the Iranian people began to protest the election result, the Iranian government were swift to act. The mobile telephone Short Messaging Service (SMS) … Continue reading
I recently bought a SanDisk USB flash drive, because it worked with Linux. Here’s the letter I subsequently wrote to them: FAO Keith Norman, Regional Sales Director, UK & Ireland Dear Mr Norman, I recently bought a SanDisk Micro Skin … Continue reading
The second generation One Laptop Per Child computer, the XO-2, will use open source hardware, so that anyone will be able to make copies of it. Accroding to Nicolas Negroponte: One important thing about the XO-2 is that we’re going … Continue reading
Glyn Moody thinks we may be close to the point where many customers stop using Microsoft’s products altogether: As someone who has been following Microsoft for over 25 years, I remain staggered by the completeness of the Vista fiasco. Microsoft’s … Continue reading
Canonical (the company behind Ubuntu) are partnering with ARM to put Ubuntu on netbooks and smartphones: Mobile phone chip designer Arm has announced an alliance with the makers of the Ubuntu open source software. The deal will produce a version … Continue reading
All Russian schools use free software, writes Glyn Moody: I’ve often lamented how few schools in the UK use free software, and how difficult it is to break the lock that Microsoft has on the entire educational system. The pathetic … Continue reading
The currently ongoing Democratic National Convention has a streaming video service where you can see the proceedings from your computer. But only if you run certain operating systems; Linux isn’t included. If you do try using it with Linux, you … Continue reading