- RT @JulianAssange: Clinton's control of DNC is why she was able to instruct them to promote Trump in April 2015 wikileaks.org/podesta-emails… htt… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MakeVotesMatter: Our winner-takes-all electoral system was designed for two parties. But what happens when more parties are introduced?… 2 weeks ago
- RT @iainmacwhirter: Spain jails democratically elected ministers - in 2017. Authoritarian leaders across the world raise a toast to EU hypo… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NicolaSturgeon: Regardless of opinion on Catalonia, the jailing of elected leaders is wrong and should be condemned by all democrats ht… 2 weeks ago
- RT @nosemonkey: As usual, @PrivateEyeNews is in with details on this Westminster MP sex pest story to which the only response is FFS... htt… 2 weeks ago
- Pirates come third in Czech election
- Catalonia will become independent
- Internet rage caused by inability to understand probability
- Can the USA survive tribalism?
- How many female MPs and MSPs should there be?
- Explanation of workfare
- 6-8 inches of snow?
- Contra Munroe on Free Speech
- Ha! Anal!
- Effective vs. Harmful Anti-war Activism
Category Archives: Palestine
Back in 2006, when Israel was invading Lebanon, I posted the following on my old blog Cabalamat Journal. I thought I’d be topical to repost it now: Advertisements
Yeah, I know –the noughties was a shit name for a decade. But let’s see what happened. Politically the biggest single event was the 9/11 attack and its aftermath. American soldiers invaded Afghanistan, and NATO troops are still there. The … Continue reading
Letters from a Tory is distinctly unimpressed with Benjamin Netanyahu’s grudging acceptance of a Palestinian state.
According to Forward: In previous decades, an American president who pressured Israel to freeze settlement growth, as President Obama has done, would have riled large sections of Israel’s Jewish population. But public sympathy for settlers and the settlements is currently … Continue reading
Norm Geras on Israeli settlements: Likewise the Netanyahu government’s desire to allow ‘natural growth’ for Jewish settlements on the West Bank. From the very beginning these settlements have represented an obstacle to peace between Israelis and Palestinians, to a lasting … Continue reading
Clinton says no more settlement building: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said there must be no exceptions to President Barack Obama’s demand that Israel stop its settlement activity. Correspondents say it is the first time in years that … Continue reading