- RT @JulianAssange: Clinton's control of DNC is why she was able to instruct them to promote Trump in April 2015 wikileaks.org/podesta-emails… htt… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MakeVotesMatter: Our winner-takes-all electoral system was designed for two parties. But what happens when more parties are introduced?… 2 weeks ago
- RT @iainmacwhirter: Spain jails democratically elected ministers - in 2017. Authoritarian leaders across the world raise a toast to EU hypo… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NicolaSturgeon: Regardless of opinion on Catalonia, the jailing of elected leaders is wrong and should be condemned by all democrats ht… 2 weeks ago
- RT @nosemonkey: As usual, @PrivateEyeNews is in with details on this Westminster MP sex pest story to which the only response is FFS... htt… 2 weeks ago
- Pirates come third in Czech election
- Catalonia will become independent
- Internet rage caused by inability to understand probability
- Can the USA survive tribalism?
- How many female MPs and MSPs should there be?
- Explanation of workfare
- 6-8 inches of snow?
- Contra Munroe on Free Speech
- Ha! Anal!
- Effective vs. Harmful Anti-war Activism
Category Archives: politics
There will be a Pirate Party meeting in Edinburgh, this Saturday (10-Mar-2012) starting at 3:30pm. The venue is the Cameo Bar, 38 Home St, EH3 9LZ (map) Anyone wishing to be involved in the Edinburgh local election this May should … Continue reading
Internet users are being threatened with imprisonment: UK web surfers have caught a grim glimpse of the future with Internet users being threatened with 10 years in jail for “illegal downloading” after a prominent music file-sharing site was shut down … Continue reading
There will be a Pirate Party meeting in Edinburgh, this Saturday (3-Mar-2012) starting at 4pm. The venue is the Cameo Bar (map) Anyone wishing to be involved in the Edinburgh local election this May should attend, as should anyone interesting … Continue reading
2011 was a year of change in a decade of change. The UK It’s been obvious since before the 2010 general election that the coming decade was likely to involve big constitutional changes in Britain: Scotland might leave the UK, … Continue reading
I recently said why I’m not a Tory. In the interests of balance, I’ll say why I’m not a Labour supporter. On Liberal Conspiracy I recently posted that: Public spending went up from 36% of GDP in 2000 to 48% … Continue reading
CNN: The Libyan war may be over, but rivalries rage on among some regional militias, leading to a mutual distrust that poses a challenge to the new leadership. Earlier this week, the rivalry was evident when dozens of fighters clashed … Continue reading
From Charles Hugh Smith (my emphasis): Greek Prime Minister George Papandreou’s call for a citizens’ referendum to decide the future of Greece is direct participatory democracy in action. Yet the European leadership and the Elites who need global markets to … Continue reading