- RT @KevinSimler: A surprisingly great read: "The Dictator's Handbook" by Bruce Bueno de Mesquita and Alastair Smith. 282 pages, published i… 1 day ago
- RT @Renew_Britain: RENEW is a new party with a plan to create more opportunity for all and heal our divisions so we can embrace the future… 1 day ago
- RT @sapinker: I collect ambiguous headlines. This one, on our President's health, is among the best. https://t.co/G6YTMc9hNM 4 days ago
- RT @mbainesy: I want to retain my EU citizenship too. RT if you do too. https://t.co/3dGQk3NCdO 2 weeks ago
- RT @soapyfrogs: Hearing that, following their #bluepassport triumph, the UK Government will be announcing the return of more iconic British… 2 weeks ago
- Dan Hannon’s Delusional 2016 Article on Brexit
- Pirates come third in Czech election
- Catalonia will become independent
- Internet rage caused by inability to understand probability
- Can the USA survive tribalism?
- How many female MPs and MSPs should there be?
- Explanation of workfare
- 6-8 inches of snow?
- Contra Munroe on Free Speech
- Ha! Anal!
Category Archives: open source
The second generation One Laptop Per Child computer, the XO-2, will use open source hardware, so that anyone will be able to make copies of it. Accroding to Nicolas Negroponte: One important thing about the XO-2 is that we’re going … Continue reading
Further to my previous post suggesting that the UK isn’t going to institute a “3 strikes” law, there is speculation that the government might instead introduce a broadband tax, where ISPs’ customers will pay and the money going to the … Continue reading
The British government, acting out of a mixture of malice and incompetence, is proceding with several measures to curb civil liberties, which could also have the effect of seriouesly harming UK-based online industries. Mike Butcher at Techcrunch reports: From March … Continue reading
Glyn Moody thinks we may be close to the point where many customers stop using Microsoft’s products altogether: As someone who has been following Microsoft for over 25 years, I remain staggered by the completeness of the Vista fiasco. Microsoft’s … Continue reading