- RT @JulianAssange: Clinton's control of DNC is why she was able to instruct them to promote Trump in April 2015 wikileaks.org/podesta-emails… htt… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MakeVotesMatter: Our winner-takes-all electoral system was designed for two parties. But what happens when more parties are introduced?… 2 weeks ago
- RT @iainmacwhirter: Spain jails democratically elected ministers - in 2017. Authoritarian leaders across the world raise a toast to EU hypo… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NicolaSturgeon: Regardless of opinion on Catalonia, the jailing of elected leaders is wrong and should be condemned by all democrats ht… 2 weeks ago
- RT @nosemonkey: As usual, @PrivateEyeNews is in with details on this Westminster MP sex pest story to which the only response is FFS... htt… 2 weeks ago
- Pirates come third in Czech election
- Catalonia will become independent
- Internet rage caused by inability to understand probability
- Can the USA survive tribalism?
- How many female MPs and MSPs should there be?
- Explanation of workfare
- 6-8 inches of snow?
- Contra Munroe on Free Speech
- Ha! Anal!
- Effective vs. Harmful Anti-war Activism
Category Archives: open source
The second generation One Laptop Per Child computer, the XO-2, will use open source hardware, so that anyone will be able to make copies of it. Accroding to Nicolas Negroponte: One important thing about the XO-2 is that we’re going … Continue reading
Further to my previous post suggesting that the UK isn’t going to institute a “3 strikes” law, there is speculation that the government might instead introduce a broadband tax, where ISPs’ customers will pay and the money going to the … Continue reading
The British government, acting out of a mixture of malice and incompetence, is proceding with several measures to curb civil liberties, which could also have the effect of seriouesly harming UK-based online industries. Mike Butcher at Techcrunch reports: From March … Continue reading
Glyn Moody thinks we may be close to the point where many customers stop using Microsoft’s products altogether: As someone who has been following Microsoft for over 25 years, I remain staggered by the completeness of the Vista fiasco. Microsoft’s … Continue reading