- RT @JulianAssange: Clinton's control of DNC is why she was able to instruct them to promote Trump in April 2015 wikileaks.org/podesta-emails… htt… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MakeVotesMatter: Our winner-takes-all electoral system was designed for two parties. But what happens when more parties are introduced?… 2 weeks ago
- RT @iainmacwhirter: Spain jails democratically elected ministers - in 2017. Authoritarian leaders across the world raise a toast to EU hypo… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NicolaSturgeon: Regardless of opinion on Catalonia, the jailing of elected leaders is wrong and should be condemned by all democrats ht… 2 weeks ago
- RT @nosemonkey: As usual, @PrivateEyeNews is in with details on this Westminster MP sex pest story to which the only response is FFS... htt… 2 weeks ago
- Pirates come third in Czech election
- Catalonia will become independent
- Internet rage caused by inability to understand probability
- Can the USA survive tribalism?
- How many female MPs and MSPs should there be?
- Explanation of workfare
- 6-8 inches of snow?
- Contra Munroe on Free Speech
- Ha! Anal!
- Effective vs. Harmful Anti-war Activism
Author Archives: cabalamat
Czechia had a general election: Party Votes % +/– Seats +/– ANO 2011 1,500,113 29.64 +10.98 78 +31 Civic Democratic Party 572,962 11.32 +3.59 25 +9 Czech Pirate Party 546,393 10.79 +8.13 22 +22 Freedom and Direct Democracy 538,574 10.64 … Continue reading
Spanish police are using violence to prevent people from voting in Catalonia’s independence referendum, which Spain describes as “illegal”. Here’s some Spanish riot police about to fire into protestors: From the Guardian: More video footage of police brutality against voters … Continue reading
Some people don’t get probability, and this leads to Internet rage. Here’s Scott Alexander, on IQ: If you really understand the idea of a statistical predictor – if you have that gear in your brain at a fundamental level – … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan wonders whether the USA can survive tribalism: Over the past couple of decades in America, the enduring, complicated divides of ideology, geography, party, class, religion, and race have mutated into something deeper, simpler to map, and therefore much … Continue reading
I. A House of Commons committee proposes changes to increase the number of women MPs: The government has rejected all six proposals to give parliament more equal female representation, prepared by the Commons’ women and equalities committee, including fines for … Continue reading
Here’s a cartoon explaining the government’s policy on workfare (via Reddit):