- RT @KevinSimler: A surprisingly great read: "The Dictator's Handbook" by Bruce Bueno de Mesquita and Alastair Smith. 282 pages, published i… 1 day ago
- RT @Renew_Britain: RENEW is a new party with a plan to create more opportunity for all and heal our divisions so we can embrace the future… 1 day ago
- RT @sapinker: I collect ambiguous headlines. This one, on our President's health, is among the best. https://t.co/G6YTMc9hNM 4 days ago
- RT @mbainesy: I want to retain my EU citizenship too. RT if you do too. https://t.co/3dGQk3NCdO 2 weeks ago
- RT @soapyfrogs: Hearing that, following their #bluepassport triumph, the UK Government will be announcing the return of more iconic British… 2 weeks ago
- Dan Hannon’s Delusional 2016 Article on Brexit
- Pirates come third in Czech election
- Catalonia will become independent
- Internet rage caused by inability to understand probability
- Can the USA survive tribalism?
- How many female MPs and MSPs should there be?
- Explanation of workfare
- 6-8 inches of snow?
- Contra Munroe on Free Speech
- Ha! Anal!
Author Archives: cabalamat
In 2016 Tory Brexiteer MEP Dan Hannan wrote an article about what Britain would be like in 2025 after Brexit. It’s seriously delusional, as Hannan must realise, as he has since deleted it. It was at the URL http://reaction.life/britain-looks-like-brexit and … Continue reading
Czechia had a general election: Party Votes % +/– Seats +/– ANO 2011 1,500,113 29.64 +10.98 78 +31 Civic Democratic Party 572,962 11.32 +3.59 25 +9 Czech Pirate Party 546,393 10.79 +8.13 22 +22 Freedom and Direct Democracy 538,574 10.64 … Continue reading
Spanish police are using violence to prevent people from voting in Catalonia’s independence referendum, which Spain describes as “illegal”. Here’s some Spanish riot police about to fire into protestors: From the Guardian: More video footage of police brutality against voters … Continue reading
Some people don’t get probability, and this leads to Internet rage. Here’s Scott Alexander, on IQ: If you really understand the idea of a statistical predictor – if you have that gear in your brain at a fundamental level – … Continue reading
Andrew Sullivan wonders whether the USA can survive tribalism: Over the past couple of decades in America, the enduring, complicated divides of ideology, geography, party, class, religion, and race have mutated into something deeper, simpler to map, and therefore much … Continue reading
I. A House of Commons committee proposes changes to increase the number of women MPs: The government has rejected all six proposals to give parliament more equal female representation, prepared by the Commons’ women and equalities committee, including fines for … Continue reading
Here’s a cartoon explaining the government’s policy on workfare (via Reddit):