- A lot of activism comes too late to be productive
- Stopping adaptation at the bottom of an adaptive valley is bad
- Activism which is not deeply intellectual and versed in real politics is a blunt instrument which may take away globally optimal policies as options inside democracies
- Policy is complex, the history of anti-war activism is not only good, there are times it has caused harm and supported the strategic advantage of less democratic world actors.
- Attempts to limits arms of one sort will lead to disproportionate investment in arms of another sort.