The leaflet says “To defend and improve our Council services not slash them as all the other parties propose“.
But this isn’t true. I can’t speak for the other candidate’s proposals, but as the Pirate Party candidate I have a detailed plan that would:
- build 9,000 affordable homes every year
- create 6,000 jobs for Edinburgh people
- provide an income of over £160,000,000 per year for the council, which would allow them to:
- prevent any cuts to council services that would otherwise happen,
- and at the same time cut the council tax and council house rents
So not only do I want to keep council services, I also have a detailed and worked-out plan that would allow the council to do so. If Colin Fox has any such plan, I am not aware of it.
I have contacted Colin about this inaccuracy, and I’ll let you all know his reply.
Update: I received this reply from Colin:
Thank you for getting in touch. And I am glad to hear that you are opposed to cuts in jobs and services. As you may imagine I was aiming my remarks at the 4 establishment parties.
I am happy to will ensure that your comments are posted on my blog next to the entry with my leaflet.
Unfortunately, I am not in a position to amend my literature as the print run is now complete.
Which I think is fair enough.