A lawmaker said Saturday that he is quitting the centre-left Social Democrats, one of Germany’s governing parties, in protest at its support for a block on Web sites carrying child pornography.
Joerg Tauss argued in a statement that the measure, which parliament approved this week, would serve not so much to combat child porn as to “set up a technical infrastructure of censorship.”
He offered his support to the small new Pirate Party, whose platform calls for Internet freedom, and said he would be willing to join the group.
- RT @_Chris_Coghlan: Well done @OwenSmith_MP for your courage in standing against @UKLabour hard Brexit stance & sorry to see the personal c… 29 minutes ago
- If it's a shitty policy -- and Brexit is -- then it is his patriotic duty to oppose it. twitter.com/mahri_mac/stat… 1 hour ago
- RT @OwenSmith_MP: Just been sacked by @jeremycorbyn for my long held views on the damage #Brexit will do to the Good Friday Agreement & the… 1 hour ago
- @davematt88 @JakeSherman "still"? The USA never was. 7 hours ago
- @CorbynistaEdith @sherylcamp @abbeylinegold And not the alt-right thing? :-) 11 hours ago
- Twitter gets message order wrong
- Brexit “won’t be like Mad Max”
- Unelected Elites
- Why Star Wars is Crap
- Coase, Carillion, and the Perils of Outsourcing
- Royal Mail Announces Commemorative Brexit Stamps!
- Dan Hannon’s Delusional 2016 Article on Brexit
- Pirates come third in Czech election
- Catalonia will become independent
- Internet rage caused by inability to understand probability