A lawmaker said Saturday that he is quitting the centre-left Social Democrats, one of Germany’s governing parties, in protest at its support for a block on Web sites carrying child pornography.
Joerg Tauss argued in a statement that the measure, which parliament approved this week, would serve not so much to combat child porn as to “set up a technical infrastructure of censorship.”
He offered his support to the small new Pirate Party, whose platform calls for Internet freedom, and said he would be willing to join the group.
- RT @JulianAssange: Clinton's control of DNC is why she was able to instruct them to promote Trump in April 2015 wikileaks.org/podesta-emails… htt… 2 weeks ago
- RT @MakeVotesMatter: Our winner-takes-all electoral system was designed for two parties. But what happens when more parties are introduced?… 2 weeks ago
- RT @iainmacwhirter: Spain jails democratically elected ministers - in 2017. Authoritarian leaders across the world raise a toast to EU hypo… 2 weeks ago
- RT @NicolaSturgeon: Regardless of opinion on Catalonia, the jailing of elected leaders is wrong and should be condemned by all democrats ht… 2 weeks ago
- RT @nosemonkey: As usual, @PrivateEyeNews is in with details on this Westminster MP sex pest story to which the only response is FFS... htt… 2 weeks ago
- Pirates come third in Czech election
- Catalonia will become independent
- Internet rage caused by inability to understand probability
- Can the USA survive tribalism?
- How many female MPs and MSPs should there be?
- Explanation of workfare
- 6-8 inches of snow?
- Contra Munroe on Free Speech
- Ha! Anal!
- Effective vs. Harmful Anti-war Activism