A lawmaker said Saturday that he is quitting the centre-left Social Democrats, one of Germany’s governing parties, in protest at its support for a block on Web sites carrying child pornography.
Joerg Tauss argued in a statement that the measure, which parliament approved this week, would serve not so much to combat child porn as to “set up a technical infrastructure of censorship.”
He offered his support to the small new Pirate Party, whose platform calls for Internet freedom, and said he would be willing to join the group.
- @iamcarmenmaria You've got my vote 6 days ago
- RT @lilianedwards: #gikii2017 dp panel 50:50 law: compsci 😁 https://t.co/5qMsYPgqh4 6 days ago
- RT @Nigel_Farage: London has had a lucky escape today. #ParsonsGreen standard.co.uk/news/crime/exp… 6 days ago
- RT @LozKaye: If the Daily Mail finds the Internet so objectionable they are welcome not to use it. 6 days ago
- RT @MSmithsonPB: Someone needs to give the Indy some lessons in electoral mathematics. This is bollocks https://t.co/j1ffYhxCuv 6 days ago