A lawmaker said Saturday that he is quitting the centre-left Social Democrats, one of Germany’s governing parties, in protest at its support for a block on Web sites carrying child pornography.
Joerg Tauss argued in a statement that the measure, which parliament approved this week, would serve not so much to combat child porn as to “set up a technical infrastructure of censorship.”
He offered his support to the small new Pirate Party, whose platform calls for Internet freedom, and said he would be willing to join the group.
- May’s Brilliant Brexit Plan Revealed cabalamat.wordpress.com/2017/01/20/may… https://t.co/IPkM2ZPWSp 21 hours ago
- Idiocracy is true,@apparently cabalamat.wordpress.com/2017/01/18/idi… 2 days ago
- Europe in Crisis cabalamat.wordpress.com/2017/01/04/eur… 2 weeks ago
- Eric Raymond on the Democratic Party cabalamat.wordpress.com/2016/12/16/eri… 1 month ago
- Maths Teacher cabalamat.wordpress.com/2016/11/23/mat… https://t.co/NnYWYNGT2x 1 month ago