A lawmaker said Saturday that he is quitting the centre-left Social Democrats, one of Germany’s governing parties, in protest at its support for a block on Web sites carrying child pornography.
Joerg Tauss argued in a statement that the measure, which parliament approved this week, would serve not so much to combat child porn as to “set up a technical infrastructure of censorship.”
He offered his support to the small new Pirate Party, whose platform calls for Internet freedom, and said he would be willing to join the group.
- Maths Teacher cabalamat.wordpress.com/2016/11/23/mat… https://t.co/NnYWYNGT2x 2 weeks ago
- Donald Trump Will Win the Election* youtube.com/watch?feature=… cabalamat.wordpress.com/2016/11/07/don… 1 month ago
- Shoulda Voted cabalamat.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/sho… https://t.co/AZlKHNKech 1 month ago
- Merit Beliefs versus Crony Beliefs cabalamat.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/mer… 1 month ago
- Pirates come 3rd in Iceland Election cabalamat.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/pir… https://t.co/ZO9KzhkegI 1 month ago