GORDON Brown last night dismissed calls to surrender his £123,000 a year pension when he is forced to stop being prime minister next June.
Mr Brown was defiant in the face of City outrage despite the UK government’s annual operating loss of £100bn, rising to £1.5 trillion when the write-down of its banking assets is taken into account.
The prime minister said: “I’ve been building up this pension since I became an MP, it’s all completely legal and now you want to take it away because I’ve been catastrophically bad at my job and you’re looking for a scapegoat. What gives?”
He added: “Yes I’ve been in charge of financial regulation for 12 years, yes I encouraged the housing bubble, and yes I pissed billions up the wall giving pointless jobs to Labour voters, but I fail to see what any of this has to do with me being incredibly well off.”
- Maths Teacher cabalamat.wordpress.com/2016/11/23/mat… https://t.co/NnYWYNGT2x 1 week ago
- Donald Trump Will Win the Election* youtube.com/watch?feature=… cabalamat.wordpress.com/2016/11/07/don… 4 weeks ago
- Shoulda Voted cabalamat.wordpress.com/2016/11/06/sho… https://t.co/AZlKHNKech 4 weeks ago
- Merit Beliefs versus Crony Beliefs cabalamat.wordpress.com/2016/11/05/mer… 1 month ago
- Pirates come 3rd in Iceland Election cabalamat.wordpress.com/2016/10/30/pir… https://t.co/ZO9KzhkegI 1 month ago