GORDON Brown last night dismissed calls to surrender his £123,000 a year pension when he is forced to stop being prime minister next June.
Mr Brown was defiant in the face of City outrage despite the UK government’s annual operating loss of £100bn, rising to £1.5 trillion when the write-down of its banking assets is taken into account.
The prime minister said: “I’ve been building up this pension since I became an MP, it’s all completely legal and now you want to take it away because I’ve been catastrophically bad at my job and you’re looking for a scapegoat. What gives?”
He added: “Yes I’ve been in charge of financial regulation for 12 years, yes I encouraged the housing bubble, and yes I pissed billions up the wall giving pointless jobs to Labour voters, but I fail to see what any of this has to do with me being incredibly well off.”
- Your Country Has Been Encrypted cabalamat.wordpress.com/2017/05/20/you… https://t.co/n1WDBKHdIU 1 week ago
- Senator Sanders Demonstrates The Right Way To Criticize Trump cabalamat.wordpress.com/2017/02/02/sen… 3 months ago
- Should the US West Coast Join Canada? cabalamat.wordpress.com/2017/02/01/sho… https://t.co/VFCRxeVIQG 3 months ago
- Don’t Call Me That In Public Yet cabalamat.wordpress.com/2017/01/31/don… https://t.co/sqJR585ZWr 3 months ago
- Will Trumpcare trump Obamacare? cabalamat.wordpress.com/2017/01/26/wil… 4 months ago
- Your Country Has Been Encrypted
- Senator Sanders Demonstrates The Right Way To Criticize Trump
- Should the US West Coast Join Canada?
- Don’t Call Me That In Public Yet
- Will Trumpcare trump Obamacare?
- Infographics and Hitler
- The Story of a Great Writer
- Finnish Cartoon about Brexit
- Trade Negotiations
- May’s Brilliant Brexit Plan Revealed