Join Pirate Party UK!
- RT @rustyrockets: #MessiahComplex - for free proxybay.eu From amazon tinyurl.com/osnpb4y From BBC bitly.com/MessiahComplex… 4 days ago
- RT @bloggerheads: Tories are busy throwing old promises down the memory hole bit.ly/1hDfXaJ bit.ly/1a1qdnt Earlier: http://… 3 weeks ago
- RT @wikileaks: WIKILEAKS RELEASE: Secret negotiated draft text for the entire #TPP Intellectual Property Rights Chapter | http://t.co/FOOH8… 3 weeks ago
- RT @LillyLyle: RT @subtopes: Computer viruses controlled by ultrasonic signals via your computer speakers? / newscientist.com/article/dn2458… #Gibson… 3 weeks ago
- RT @arusbridger: "I wanted to [make it] almost impossible to censor the press. A free press is the backbone of a democracy." 3 weeks ago
- Edinburgh Pirate Meeting, Wednesday 7 August
- My predictions for 2013
- Edinburgh Pirate Party: Christmas Drinks
- Facebook: snitchgate!
- Is This You?
- Edinburgh Pirate Party meeting, Wed 5 September
- German Pirates come to Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Pirate meeting, Mon 16 Jul
- MeowCat, a new kind of internet conversation platform
- Edinburgh Pirate Meetup
Category Archives: Palestine
Back in 2006, when Israel was invading Lebanon, I posted the following on my old blog Cabalamat Journal. I thought I’d be topical to repost it now:
Yeah, I know –the noughties was a shit name for a decade. But let’s see what happened. Politically the biggest single event was the 9/11 attack and its aftermath. American soldiers invaded Afghanistan, and NATO troops are still there. The … Continue reading
Letters from a Tory is distinctly unimpressed with Benjamin Netanyahu’s grudging acceptance of a Palestinian state.
According to Forward: In previous decades, an American president who pressured Israel to freeze settlement growth, as President Obama has done, would have riled large sections of Israel’s Jewish population. But public sympathy for settlers and the settlements is currently … Continue reading
Norm Geras on Israeli settlements: Likewise the Netanyahu government’s desire to allow ‘natural growth’ for Jewish settlements on the West Bank. From the very beginning these settlements have represented an obstacle to peace between Israelis and Palestinians, to a lasting … Continue reading
Clinton says no more settlement building: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said there must be no exceptions to President Barack Obama’s demand that Israel stop its settlement activity. Correspondents say it is the first time in years that … Continue reading
Over at Harry’s Place, Habibi is indignant about the book Unholy Land, a series of essays edited by Ken Coates. Coates describes Israel’s behaviour as “the slaughter of Palestinians”, and compares it to Biblical massacres. If you strip away his … Continue reading
The USA is finance the reconstruction of Gaza, which suffered large-scale damage in the Israeli attacks in January: Secretary of State Hillary Clinton will announce at the Gaza donor’s conference next week that the US will give $900 million to … Continue reading
Marc Lynch (aka Abu Aardvark) writes: The top story in today’s online version of the leading pan-Arab Saudi-owned daily al-Hayat? The visit to Saudi Arabia by China’s President Hu Jintao, who promises to improve Saudi-Chinese cooperation, and to look out … Continue reading
If not a two-state solution to the Israel-Palestine question, then what? Juan Cole lists the possibilities: 1. Apartheid, with Israeli citizens dominating stateless Palestinians and controlling their borders, land, water and air. Apartheid would be accelerated under Lieberman’s baleful influence. … Continue reading