Join Pirate Party UK!
- @Sallyroberts @IsabelOakeshott True, shame it has nothing to do with EU. 5 months ago
- #lbcdebate EU needs common defence policy so if anyone invades a European country, they get a good kicking; Putin would be too scared to. 5 months ago
- #lbcdebate Farage says situation in Ukraine is EU's fault. This is only true to the extent that EU isn't integrated enough. 5 months ago
- @GuidoFawkes You think Farage is better? 5 months ago
- #lbcdebate Good question about trust and how neither Farage nor Clegg deserve any. 5 months ago
Category Archives: Palestine
Back in 2006, when Israel was invading Lebanon, I posted the following on my old blog Cabalamat Journal. I thought I’d be topical to repost it now:
Yeah, I know –the noughties was a shit name for a decade. But let’s see what happened. Politically the biggest single event was the 9/11 attack and its aftermath. American soldiers invaded Afghanistan, and NATO troops are still there. The … Continue reading
Letters from a Tory is distinctly unimpressed with Benjamin Netanyahu’s grudging acceptance of a Palestinian state.
According to Forward: In previous decades, an American president who pressured Israel to freeze settlement growth, as President Obama has done, would have riled large sections of Israel’s Jewish population. But public sympathy for settlers and the settlements is currently … Continue reading
Norm Geras on Israeli settlements: Likewise the Netanyahu government’s desire to allow ‘natural growth’ for Jewish settlements on the West Bank. From the very beginning these settlements have represented an obstacle to peace between Israelis and Palestinians, to a lasting … Continue reading
Clinton says no more settlement building: US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton has said there must be no exceptions to President Barack Obama’s demand that Israel stop its settlement activity. Correspondents say it is the first time in years that … Continue reading