Join Pirate Party UK!
- RT @rustyrockets: #MessiahComplex - for free proxybay.eu From amazon tinyurl.com/osnpb4y From BBC bitly.com/MessiahComplex… 1 week ago
- RT @bloggerheads: Tories are busy throwing old promises down the memory hole bit.ly/1hDfXaJ bit.ly/1a1qdnt Earlier: http://… 3 weeks ago
- RT @wikileaks: WIKILEAKS RELEASE: Secret negotiated draft text for the entire #TPP Intellectual Property Rights Chapter | http://t.co/FOOH8… 3 weeks ago
- RT @LillyLyle: RT @subtopes: Computer viruses controlled by ultrasonic signals via your computer speakers? / newscientist.com/article/dn2458… #Gibson… 4 weeks ago
- RT @arusbridger: "I wanted to [make it] almost impossible to censor the press. A free press is the backbone of a democracy." 1 month ago
- Edinburgh Pirate Meeting, Wednesday 7 August
- My predictions for 2013
- Edinburgh Pirate Party: Christmas Drinks
- Facebook: snitchgate!
- Is This You?
- Edinburgh Pirate Party meeting, Wed 5 September
- German Pirates come to Edinburgh
- Edinburgh Pirate meeting, Mon 16 Jul
- MeowCat, a new kind of internet conversation platform
- Edinburgh Pirate Meetup
Category Archives: Georgia
Winds of Change is reporting that Sweden and Finland are starting to consider joining NATO, in response to Russian aggression against Georgia: Russia’s actions have even prompted renewed debate in Sweden and Finland about joining NATO. Speaking of Finland, Max … Continue reading
Following the South Ossetian War, Edward Lucas re-asks Lenin’s famous question: What is to be done? He lists some options (indented; with my comments below each one): 1) A “Georgia Solidarity Campaign” to lobby hard for a full troop withdrawal, … Continue reading
A post on Undiplomatic suggests that the USA shouldn’t act too harshly against Russia, because then Russia will refuse to help the USA in their efforts to isolate Iran: [The big winner on Russia-Georgia is] Iran. 1. The neocons are … Continue reading
Russia wants there to be referenda in Abkhazia and South Ossetia as to whether they remain in Georgia. Fair enough, as long as there are also referenda in North Ossetia and Chechnya as to whether they remain in Russia.
Austin Bay Blog suggests that, in the instance of future Georgia-type operations by Russia, the USA should form a peacekeeping organisation (PKO): Insert a Peacekeeping Brigade (PKB). Call it a Peacekeeping Organization (PKO) if you want to give it an … Continue reading
British foreign secretary David Miliband says that Russia is trying to carve out a sphere of influence in the former Soviet republics: UK Foreign Secretary David Miliband has warned Russia against hankering after a Soviet past in its border disputes. … Continue reading
Stratfor has a good summary of the Souith Ossetia War, and an analysis of why Russia behaved as it did. (Via Three Kings)
The Georgian foreign ministry has set up a news service on Blogspot: Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Georgia. It appears that, contrary to the statement of Russia President Medvedev, the Russians are continuing to attack Georgia: Tuesday, August 12 – … Continue reading
Russia says it is ending the fighting: Russian President Dmitry Medvedev has ordered an end to military operations against Georgia, the Kremlin says. He told officials he had taken the decision to end the campaign after restoring security for civilians … Continue reading
The conflict between Georgia and Russia revolves around two breakaway Georgian provinces, South Ossetia and Abkhazia. These provinces are populated by people who are not ethnic Georgians (the 4ethnic Georgians who lived there have mostly left), and about 80% of … Continue reading